Wednesday, April 22, 2015

That's a lot of babies!

The other day we were running errands and Gavin busted out the most random question, I just had to share.
Gavin (dead serious)- "Mom, wouldn't you just love to have 162 babies???"
Me- (trying not laugh)- "Whoa, buddy. That's a lot of babies. Why would I want that many?"
Gavin- "Because you just love babies!"
Me- "Well, that is true. But that's a lot of work. I don't think I could take care of that many babies."
Gavin- "Well, what if all the people helped and everyone just took turns?"

This may just be the most random question he has ever asked. I have no clue what made babies pop into his head, besides his baby sister being with us. But it got me thinking....maybe he already gets it. Taking care of babies (or kids in general!) is a big job. What if we all helped each other out a bit more? Judged a bit less? It takes a village and all that after all! Let's assume the best out of each other, lift each other up and learn each others stories. That's what love looks like and it makes this journey so much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment