Friday, April 23, 2010

Numbers and letters and rooms, oh my!

I have so many thoughts running through my head, so many things I know I should be updating on here. I feel like there is something new to share about the boys almost every day right now. So, I should really step up my game. (but realistically, that's probably not going to happen now, is it?)
We have officially moved the boys into the same room after a successful test run. Brady is doing so well at going to bed and being quiet so he doesn't wake up Kellen (who goes to bed earlier). We've had to change up rest time for Brady since Kellen is usually napping. He works on some worksheets and mazes for 30 min., then reads in our bed for 3o min. I think this is a HUGE improvement since he's actually being quiet and resting. (before he was playing "quietly" in his room and then "reading") Which brings me to the fact that Brady has started working on his letters and numbers. He loves tracing the letters and working on his writing. It's pretty awesome.



Of course, Kellen wants to do everything Brady does, so here's a shot of him "working" too. (Also, he is no longer happy with pretend writing and pleads with us to take the cap off for him to draw several times a day.)



And for those of you that are curious about the clothes strewn around our kitchen- we got some hand-me-down clothes and instead of putting them away right away, I let the boys play with them. They kept Brady entertained for hours! ha ha Okay, it wasn't that long but it was wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad having the boys sharing a room is working. Good idea with having him work on mazes and worksheets.

    Miss you.

    Oh if you are reading this I tried opening a different browser (internet explorer). Apprently it is Mozilla that is not letting me comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first photo of brady and how cool that he wants to 'work on' letters and numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well after all Kellen has been copying Brady for months now. It all started when he first discovered falling really hard on his head. :)

    ReplyDelete