Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All by myself....

Today is officially the first day that I am on my own for the whole day with the boys. I've been given the okay by the midwife to work my way back into lifting and all the other things a mom of a toddler does that I haven't been able to do since the c-section. Of course, this is also the day Alex plays basketball after work, so it's an exceptionally long day. I'm certain I will make it through okay, but I don't want to just make it through. I want to find creative ways to keep Brady entertained and happy, make yummy, healthy food, get some chores around the house done and maybe find some time to relax. Is that asking too much? ha ha I know I have lofty goals and they probably won't be accomplished today but I hope to be able to figure it out. I guess it's a good thing I have God's help, hmm? I know it's by His strength alone that I might be able to be the kind of parent and wife that I'm talking about.
Wow, that was a tangent. Where's the sock? (Hannah, I'm sure you'll be the only one who gets that) Anywho, for my first day on the job (he he), it has been a pretty great day so far. Brady slept until 8 and Kellen didn't wake up to eat until 9. Sweet. And Kellen is starting to really be smiley after he eats in the morning. (oh,no! could he be a morning person? yikes!) And he's even starting to have this little laughing noise that he does that is just about the cutest thing ever. I tried to get it on video but realized I was out of tape! Bummer. Overall, I am feeling like I just might be able to do this. Let's hope the feeling isn't too fleeting. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your tangents. So how did the rest of the day go?

    Oh this is random but when I open your blog in mozilla it won't let me comment. BOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. tangent sock!!

    aw...I miss you and the boys. Good luck on this adventure into the unknown of being home by your bad self.

    ReplyDelete