Monday, June 8, 2009

This and that

So, I figured it's about time for an update of sorts. Kellen is now six months old. Six months! He had his six month check up on Friday and he's doing well. He weighs 15 lbs. now and is 2'1.4" long. He's in the 10th percentile for weight, 15th for length and 66th for head circumference. That's my big-headed little man! Why do my children have such large noggins? I have two theories. One, they are extremely intelligent and need lots of room for their gigantic brains. Two, God saw fit to give me more reasons to quote So I Married an Axe Murderer. "I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick." Also in regards to the doctor's appt.- I have to continue to just ride this whole wonderful spitting up thing out. And Kellen is now on drops for his eye because the culture came back with some sort of bacteria, so hopefully that will help it clear up in the next few days. In other Kellen news- he tried squash for the first time yesterday and seems to have his brother's affinity for food. I hate to be comparing them constantly, but they are so similar sometimes!
Brady has been doing really well lately. He's getting so vocal, speaking in full sentences and we have really been enjoying getting a little bit more of a glimpse of what goes on inside that head of his. I really need to do better at writing down the funny things he says or capturing them on video. It's just so hard to recreate his cuteness! He has been using the potty more and more and has even been running up to me on his own, exclaiming "Pee pee in potty!" and then actually goes when he gets to the toilet. I never knew I could be so excited about anything relating to a toilet. He has also been doing a much better job at staying in his bed at nap/bed time and he no longer needs the gates up to keep him in his room! Woo hoo! I've included some recent pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Kellen can sit up now!


They look nothing alike, I know.


Brady being his normal silly self.

1 comment:

  1. the lighting in your first two pics is beautiful :) I love that one of the two of them - frame-worthy for sure :)

    ReplyDelete